- Following a Needs Assessment by the Delaware Division of Libraries, a new library was recommended of between 25,000-40,000 square feet based on anticipated population growth.
- The Friends of Duck Creek Regional Library decided to pursue the minimum recommended square footage, feeling it would adequately meet the needs of Smyrna, Clayton, Kenton, and Townsend communities..
- The estimated capital campaign cost is $18,805,580. Of that amount, approximately $18,050,000 has been raised.
- Anticipated Hours of Operation to best meet the needs of the community are: Four Days per Week from 10:00 - 8:00 AND Two Days per Week from 10:00 - 6:00.
Benefits of a New Library in Smyrna
- Cornerstone for Downtown Revitalization
- Adpatations to New COVID19 Community Needs
- State of the Art Technology
- More Services for Adults and Families
- New Programming for Children and Seniors
- Community Meeting Rooms and Program Space
- Expanded Collections
- Located Near Schools
- Enhanced Parking
- New Business and Civic Partnerships
- Increased Foot Traffic for Businesses
- Town of Smyrna No Longer Financially Responsible for Operations